This centrifuge comes complete with a full inspection including a Preventative Maintenance report and a Calibration Report to ensure user accuracy.
There is no lid for the LH-4000W rotor, if you are interested, we can purchase a new lid for you at an additional cost.
Instrument also comes with a 30 day parts warranty. Additional fee for crate is $195 + shipping cost.
This unit has a brushless drive. Brushless motors offer several advantages over brushed DC motors, including high torque to weight ratio, more torque per watt (increased efficiency), increased reliability, reduced noise, longer lifetime (no brush and commutator erosion), elimination of ionizing sparks from the commutator, and an overall reduction of electromagnetic interference (EMI). With no windings on the rotor, they are not subjected to centrifugal forces, and because the windings are supported by the housing, they can be cooled by conduction, requiring no airflow inside the motor for cooling. This in turn means that the motor’s internals can be entirely enclosed and protected from dirt or other foreign matter.
This instrument comes with 2 rotors.
1 LH-4000W 8 x 500ml Windshielded Swinging Bucket Rotor and 1 Bioshield 4x250ml Swinging-Bucket rotor.
The LH-4000W Rotor has the option of round or oval buckets.
High-Throughput and Versatiliy
- Spins larger numbers of tubes at higher RCFs than competing models
- Powerful induction drive and optional swinging bucket rotor (which accommodates DoubleSpin buckets) combine to provide higher RCFs and capacities for the most popular sample formats
- Exceptional capacity for all popular sample formats, including 15 and 50mL tissue culture tubes, and many others. A wide range of rotors makes it suitable for biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, pharmaceutical and blood processing labs
- The RC4 meets stringent international safety standards. It offers a wide selection of independently tested biocontainment rotors that comply with rigorous international guidelines for aerosol containment of bacteria and viruses
Optimal Run Stability
- The Thermo Scientific™ SMARTspin™ Imbalance Detection System automatically brakes unit if an excessive imbalance is detected, for example, due to tube leakage
- The reliable imbalance detection means that even large swinging-bucket rotors can operate safely with a 30g imbalance
Easy to Use
- EASYcontrol™ II Soft-Touch Keypad is located at the front of the instrument, eliminating awkward reaching
- Soft-Touch Lid Lock allows effortless opening and closing
- Intuitive operator keypad allows you to recall up to 9 protocols
- Max capacity of 4 x 1000mL bottles, 8 x 500mL blood bags or 4 to 8 standard microplates
- Fastest processing and highest throughput of any 4L low-speed centrifuge
- Unmatched RCFs with fixed-angle rotors for bacterial, tissue culture and general pelleting needs
- Enhanced user safety: choose from 4 biocontainment rotors accommodating samples from 1.5 to 1000mL
- HIGHplate™ rotor spins DNA/RNA filter plates to 85mm in height
- Optimum run stability with SMARTspin™ Imbalance Detection System
- Reduced maintenance with brushless induction drive
- Whisper quiet operation at a noise level under 58dBA